Diamond Pacific Nova Wheels100-RW4-70
Share this Product
Diamond Pacific Nova Resin-Bond Diamond Sanding and Polishing Wheels quickly prepare your shaped pieces for polishing after grinding with Galaxy diamond wheels. The all-purpose sequence for many commercial lapidary materials is the 280, 600, 1200, and 3,000 grit Nova sanding wheels, followed by the use of a Cerium Oxide Polishing Wheels, 14,000 Nova Resin Bond Diamond Laps or wheel. This combination will put an excellent polish on most stones, some hard-to-polish material may require more steps such as additional grit Nova Wheels, Magnetic Nova Laps, or polish compounds like diamond compound paste or Cerium Oxide Polishing Powder.
High quality diamonds are embedded within a tough and flexible plastic resin layer which is bonded to a soft, thick foam rubber backing mounted to a plastic core. After grinding your stone or preform with a hard plated Diamond Pacific Galaxy Diamond Wheel you can count on have some stubborn scratches to deal with. The foam layer of the Nova Wheel allows the resin surface of the wheel to conform to your preforms and cabochons, which helps the carefully graded diamonds to reach and eliminate flat spots and scratches across the surface of your gemstone.
Diamond Pacific utilizes a double-concentrated amount of diamonds in the resin layer to provide a durable, fast-cutting wheel for professional lapidaries and jewelers creating custom body jewelry where time and accuracy is key.
Selection and Compatibility
Nova Wheels have a 1" arbor hole, wheel bushings are NOT included and will be necessary to install on arbors having smaller than 1 inch shaft sizes. These Nova wheels can be installed on the Diamond Pacific Bigfoot (2"), Diamond Pacific Pixie Gem-Maker (4"), Diamond Pacific Genie G2 Gem Maker (6”), Diamond Pacific Titan Gem Maker, (8") and CabKing 6 inch or CabKing 8 inch depending on your machine. Spacing may need adjusting for CabKing or other machines to ensure your water supply continues to route correctly to the wheel as intended.
Available Nova Wheel Diameters
- 2 inch Nova Wheels measure 2-3/4 x 1-1/4 inch and fit Diamond Pacific Bigfoot or larger cabbing machines
- 4 inch Nova Wheels measure 4 x 1-1/4 inch and fit Diamond Pacific Pixie Gem-Maker or larger
- 6 inch Nova Wheels measure 6 x 1-1/2 inch and fit Genie, CabKing 6 inch, or larger
- 8 inch Nova Wheels measure 7 -5/8 x 2 inch for Titan, CabKing 8 inch, or other 8” lapidary arbors
Available Nova Wheel Grits and Colors
- 60 grit Nova Wheel - Green
- 100 grit Nova Wheel - Lt Green
- 140 grit Nova Wheel - Rust
- 280 grit Nova Wheel- Black
- 600 grit Nova Wheel - Brown
- 1200 grit Nova Wheel - Grey
- 3000 grit Nova Wheel - Rose
- 8000 grit Nova Wheel - Tan
- 14000 grit Nova Wheel - Cream
- 50000 grit Nova Wheel- Lt Blue
Standard grit sequence of Diamond Pacific Nova Wheels 280-600-1200-3000 ship from SUVA in common quantities along with re-polish 8000-14000-50000 in more limited quantities. Other wheels or quantities exceeding our inventory may drop-ship from Diamond Pacific and require additional time for tracking numbers.
Instructions, Manuals, and Usage Tips
- Diamond Pacific Nova Wheel Instructions download
- It is recommended that Diamond Pacific Nova Wheels be used in sets rather than in combination with other brands or styles of sanding and polishing wheels to allow for predictable and intended progression between wheels. A wide choice of grit and wheel sizes are available to fit your needs and equipment.
- Nova wheels MUST be used with water at ALL TIMES. Really... ALL TIMES. Never dry. Not even for a hot second. WITH WATER! Trust us.
- Nova soft wheels should be broken in by sanding and polishing a large agate or quartz cab prior to working on other stones. This removes the sharp application layer of resin coating. You can also perform this step with your knuckles as many an absent-minded cabber can attest, but it's best to spend two to five minutes on each wheel with your starter cab, working it over the entire surface of the wheel. Note the finer grit wheels 3000+ will take longer to remove the excess resin. Your wheel smoothness will continue to improve in speed and finish as more stones are worked and the surface becomes smooth.
- Use enough pressure to cause the surface of the Nova sanding wheel to depress slightly to conform to your stone. This eliminates the falt spots left by the grinding wheels and will cause fewer scratches than would be produced by too-light pressure.
- Take care that you do not allow the leading edge of the stone to become a plow and damage the resin surface of the wheel. Likewise do not plunge jagged or rough edges directly into a Nova lapidary wheel, this will surely cause undue wear in pinpoint areas on your wheel surface and make you sad.
- Spend plenty of time on each Nova grinding wheel step. Some lapidaries end a step sanding in one direction only so it is easier to identify stubborn scratches later if they persist. Dry your stone between steps to inspect for scratches deeper than others and work them out before moving on.