Diamond Pacific Nova Points for Sanding and Polishing100-N1M-S
Diamond Pacific Nova Miniature Sanding & Polishing Points solve many gemstone carving challenges by offering the speed, high performance, and no mess of Diamond Pacific's legendary proprietary Nova resin-bond diamond formulas in 2 sizes of 2 bur shapes for use on your carvings during the sanding and polishing processes. They are designed to avoid headaches while reaching into those hard-to-reach areas to remove the coarse scratches from your latest lapidary masterpiece.
Diamond Pacific Nova carving points are a resin-bond diamond compound bonded to a mandrel shaft for use in lapidary rotary tools. Pictures show the reference shape, but Nova burs are slightly flexible and will wear away with use and abuse. Diamond Pacific Nova Carving Points MUST be used with a lubricant like water or silicone extender fluid.
Selection and Compatibility
After a gemstone or cabochon cutter, custom body jewelry carver, or other lapidary artist creates a preform for a carving with sintered carving burs or your preferred sequence of carving bits, the go-to sequence for working with many commercial lapidary materials is the 280, 600, 1200, and 3,000 grit points, followed by the use of a 14,000 grit Nova Point. While this sequence will put an acceptable polish on most stones, many hard-to-polish material may require more steps such as additional grit Nova burrs, or lapidary polishing supplies like diamond paste or cerium oxide polish.
Diamond Pacific Nova polishing Points have a mandrel size of 3/32 inch which fits most Foredom and Dremel power rotary tools used in gemstone carving.
Available Shapes and Sizes
All sizes are approximate on new Nova Points
- N1M Medium Bullet Point is 7mm tapered to 4mm, pointed tip
- N1L Large Bullet Point is 9mm tapered to 5mm, pointed tip
- N2M Medium Rounded Cylinder is 8mm wide, round tip
- N2L Large Rounded Cylinder is 9.5mm wide, round tip
- All are roughly 18-20mm tall, sizes vary slightly
Available Nova Point Grits and Colors
Diamond Pacific Nova points in pre-polish grits are available in a discounted SET of 4 Nova points containing of 1 each of the following Nova grit colors
- 280 grit - Black
- 600 grit - Brown
- 1200 grit - Grey
- 3000 grit - Rose
All Diamond Pacific Nova point grits are also available individually
- 60 grit diamond-resin - Green
- 100 grit diamond-resin - Lt Green
- 140 grit diamond-resin - Rust
- 280 grit diamond-resin - Black
- 600 grit diamond-resin - Brown
- 1200 grit diamond-resin - Grey
- 3000 grit diamond-resin - Rose
- 8000 grit diamond-resin - Tan
- 14000 grit diamond-resin - Cream
- 50000 grit diamond-resin - Lt Blue