Diamond Pacific Genie G2 Gem Maker100-GD-100
Machines can take additional time to prepare for shipping or have specific production cycles. Placing an order secures your place in the manufacturer's fulfillment queue, see full product description for any specifics.
Why order your cabbing machine from SUVA?
Full manufacturer warranties apply for every machine and our always-competitive prices.
We also understand the varying lead-times for a machine to ship from the manufacturer can feel like a kid during the weeks before a birthday. So every cabbing machine purchase from SUVA scores you a "starter pack" of your choice of 2 professional cabochon templates to start planning your first cabs while you wait for your machine to arrive! Add your choice of 2 Donald K Olson cabochon templates to your cart with this machine to apply the discount.
*note Promo applies to US addresses and are a "thank you" for your understanding that completed machine orders can sometimes take longer to arrive and the cost of the starter pack items will be deducted from refunds if an open machine order is requested to be canceled.
Share this Product
Availability update Nov 9 2020: New Genie orders are expected to ship in early December. As always, a limited number of machines are produced each cycle and orders are filled first come first serve, shopping dates for your particular maching may vary depending on order volume and this availability can change by the time you place your order.
The next-generation Genie is here! The Diamond Pacific Genie G2 has all the features you love about the original Genie with MORE POWER and a baseboard more resistant to warping over time.
You've seen the cabs at the shows, the windowed rutilated quartz, the gemstone boxes and figures. You've bought a few pieces of rough that caught your eye, and a cab or two from your region's favorite jeweler you see at all the area shows. You might've checked your local classifieds and seen a couple cabbing machines, a few of them were probably even Genies, still running and ready to go to the next owner.
But this time, let's skip the rust and questionable maintenance.
Not only does The Genie G2 cabbing machine make short work of grinding and polishing gemstones, but with a few accessories added it becomes a trim saw, jewelers buffer, flat lap machine, and a way to easily miter perfect corners for gemstone boxes. Put a Genie in your workshop and you'll work wonders! The Genie G2 will do your grinding and polishing jobs in the fastest and most efficient manner available. The battle-tested combination of industry gold-standard Galaxy and Nova diamond grinding wheels all mounted together in a row lets you proceed directly from one step to the next without any delay or a lot of bother. Turn out a 30 x 40 agate cab from preform to finished gem in a matter of minutes. Diamond Pacific has designed and refined the lapidary Genie cab machine over decades to give you lasting service, convenience, and best of all - top performance to put real pleasure into your lapidary hobby or profession and save your valuable time. Starting with a top quality motor big enough for the job, there is no skimping on any of the parts to give you the best quality and long machine life for your hard-earned shop budget.
Made in California by Diamond Pacific, the Genie G2 comes complete and gives you a full array of 6" diamond wheels to help you take that slab you found in the rough bin at the show last year to its final form. Diamond Pacific's legendary 6 diamond wheel sequence of Galaxy grinding wheels followes by soft Nova sanding wheels is the best all-around choice for shaping and polishing stones. Wheels are easy to change if you need to mount specialty tools. The pans have splash guards and are easily removed for cleanup. It accepts accessories mounting with a 1-4”-20 thread bolt. Driving the six wheels is a heavy duty industrially rated 1/2 HP sealed motor that that never needs oiling.
- An improved 1/2 HP, 115v 60Hz industrially rated Baldor motor on 13-1/2 x 29-3/4 inch wood baseboard, export model with a similar motor in 230 volt 50Hz
- Spra-Mist coolant system with a special disc geyser for laps
- Two 6x1-1/2 inch Galaxy metal-bond diamond grinding wheels 80 and 220 grit
- Four 6x1-½ inch Nova sanding and polishing wheels 280, 600, 1200, 3000 grits
- One 20” Moffatt Flex-Stem lamp which can be moved from right to left, or a second lamp or magnifiers can be added to your machine separately
- One 5-1/2” Diamond Pacific Nova Resin Bond Diamond Laps, 14000 grit
- Cab rest
- Sample bottle of Diamond Pacific Water Aid Wetting Agent
- Safety goggles must be worn when operating - use them!
- Splash guards
- and a manual - printed for reference (PDF copy download is available below)
- A full range of 6 inch Diamond Pacific Galaxy Diamond Grinding Wheels
- A full range of 6 inch soft Diamond Pacific Nova Diamond Wheels
- 6 inch Diamond Pacific Cerium Oxide Polishing Wheels to reduce the mess in your workshop
- 6 inch Diamond Pacific Galaxy Convex Carver Wheels for making custom body jewelry
- Add an extra wheel adaptor to your extra wheels to make changing between all these awesome grits quick and painless
- Additional grits of 6 inch Nova diamond laps mounted on right-hand shaft end
- Spin-on canvas pads to use with your choice of lapidary diamond compound pastes, a slurry of super cerium oxide polish, or other choices of lapidary polishing compounds
- A versatile and efficient 6 inch Magnetic Nova system mounted on right-hand shaft end
- Plated 6 inch magnetic diamond discs to grind and polish flats mounted on the RIGHT-hand shaft end
- A trim saw kit gives you a saw blade and platform to trim down your slabs and preforms in a matter of minutes. Now you can take a trim saw along when you travel.
- Beastly Inland Sintered Diamond Wheels to keep long-term wheel costs down for professional lapidaries needing maximum lifespan from their grinding wheels.
- A Jewelers Buff Kit for Diamond Pacific Genie to help quickly finish custom jewelry projects
- See the full 6-inch Genie collection for a full range of accessories and parts.
Instructions, Manuals, and Usage Tips
- Diamond Pacific Genie instruction manual PDF download here
- Original manufacturer spare and replacement parts for your Diamond Pacific Genie
- Hitting the road and need something more portable? Check out the smaller Diamond Pacific Pixie Gem-Maker.
- Cutting professionally and need something heavier-duty for those all-night cabbing frenzies? Have a look at the heavyweight champ Diamond Pacific Titan Gem Maker.