CabKing diamond REZ wheels are aggressive resin wheels used for cabbing, forming, contour grinding and pre-polishing stone, glass, synthetic material and even some metals. They are efficient wheels and well-suited for high volume commercial cabbing. REZ wheels are a mid-priced option with durability falling between CabKing's economical standard resin wheels and Diamond Pacific's top-shelf Nova Wheels.
These resin wheels come in 6″ and 8″ diameter sizes with a standard range of different grits to finish cabochons after initial shaping with ultra long-life Inland Sintered, top-shelf Diamond Pacific Galaxy, or standard CabKing plated diamond grinding wheels.
CabKing diamond REZ wheels are an excellent choice for high volume commercial cabbing. Using a proprietary technique, commercial grade diamonds are locked into a specially formulated resin-bonded belt that is mounted on a 1/4″ thick medium density foam backing with plastic center core. The medium density foam backing absorbs pressure and provides a cushion so that the wheel conforms to your stone.
These wheels are manufactured with an aggressive resin bond, resulting in a rough texture with sharp points. Due to their textured nature, these wheels require a break-in period prior to working on your jewelry pieces.
Selection and Compatibility
CabKing's REZ wheels have a 1" arbor hole and include needed wheel bushings to accommodate 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4" arbors. These sanding wheels can be installed on the Diamond Pacific Genie G2 Gem Maker (6”), Diamond Pacific Titan Gem Maker, (8") and CabKing 6 inch or CabKing 8 inch depending on your machine.
Available CabKing Resin Wheel Sizes
- 6 inch CabKing Wheels measure 6 x 1-1/2 inch and fit Genie, CabKing 6 inch, or larger
- 8 inch Resin Wheels measure 8 x 2 inch for Titan, CabKing 8 inch, or other 8” lapidary arbors
Spacing between wheels may need adusted depending on your machine if you are upgrading from another brand wheel, to ensure your water supply continues to route correctly to the wheel as intended. Precut shaft spacers are available when needed.
Available CabKing Resin Wheel Grits and Colors
- 60 grit Wheel - Dark Green
- 140 grit Wheel - Light Brown
- 280 grit Wheel- Black
- 600 grit Wheel - Dark Brown
- 1200 grit Wheel - Green
- 3000 grit Wheel - Pink
- 8000 grit Wheel - Yellow
- 14000 grit Wheel - Blue Grey
- 50000 grit Wheel- Light Grey
Instructions, Manuals, and Usage Tips
- These rez wheels use an aggressive resin bond and are more durable than their standard diamond resin wheels however, they can still be used in the same sequence with our standard diamond resin wheels.