Diamond Bur Sets
SUVA's diamond burs provide reliable cutting action for shaping and carving lapidary minerals and gemstones, glass, opals, porcelain, metals, or other hard materials
Bur sets are available in value-focused electroplated and durable sintered construction. When choosing valuable sintered burs, be sure to maintain and re-shape the cutting heads with a Diamond Re-Shaping Block. You can further extend the life of your diamond burs with the optional use of 412 Slick Lube diamond tool lubricant.
Use these burs before finishing with Diamond Pacific Nova Sanding Points and felt burs charged with your favorite lapidary polish or phenolic burs or hardwood polishing burs loaded with diamond paste.
All burs are constructed with a shaped diamond head mounted to a 44.5mm HP 3/32" (2.35 mm) shank for use in your Foredom flex-shaft handpieces, Dremel, or other electric rotary micro motors. Sizes are stated in approximate head width at the widest point x head height.
Burs are color-coded for easy grit identification:
- Super-coarse (black, 70/80 mesh ISO 544) good for texturing on all kinds of stones and metals. Please note these super-coarse burs are VERY aggressive for bulk removal and rapid pre-forming and are not suitable for detail work.
- Coarse (green, 100/120 mesh ISO 534) used for aggressive cutting on quartz materials, porcelain, and alloys.
- Medium (blue, 140/170 mesh ISO 524) used for multi-purpose cutting of metals, stones, porcelain and enameling.
- Fine (red, 325 mesh ISO 514) used for smooth aggressive final shaping, pre-polishing, and metals trimming.
- Extra-fine (yellow, 600 mesh ISO 504) used for fine finish grinding as pre-polish
- Please note these colors differ from Inland brand burs
Available bur kits
Available in assorted electroplated or sintered packs, sintered burs will outlast the electroplated versions by 5-10 times. These kits contain the most popular burs to quickly jump-start your workbench selection, and most sintered burs are also available individually in these and many additional sizes and grits.
- 10-pc electroplated or sintered coarse-trimming sets for rapid rough-shaping of your project.
- 10-pc electroplated or sintered standard jeweler's bur sets with general-purpose burs in a range of shapes and sizes for carving plastic, jewelry, stone, hardwood, and other materials.
- 20-pc Electroplated detail bur set with small, medium-grit burs designed to carve small holes, slim curves, or thin grinds.