SR Flex Shaft Sets
Foredom SR Flex Shaft Tool Sets are a complete professional flexible shaft machine system for gemstone carving and jewelry work based around the most popular Foredom motor coupled with your choice of speed control and handpiece.
The Foredom M.SR Motor is the best motor for general use with a wide selection of sintered diamond carving burs and bits for stone work, tungsten carbide bur sets to shape and refine your jewelry, and a selection of other rotary burs, bits, and brushes. Foredom estimates that 80% of users should be using an SR Series system. This 1/6 hp, ball bearing Series SR motor has 33% more power than older 1/8 hp motors and 66% more than original 1/10 hp models. This added power helps to reduce stalling or slowing down under normal workloads. Hang-Up style motors require the motor be secured above your work bench, Foredom-specific motor hangers or Work Bench Systems are available separately. SR motor systems are also available in Jeweler's Kits. Flexible shaft grease is included for routine maintenance of your investment.
The motor is able to run in forward and reverse at speeds up to 18,000 RPM which can offer several advantages:
- Left handed users have more control of the cutting tool
- Reverse helps to keep dust and other debris flying away from right handed users
- Alternating motor direction helps to extend the life of certain abrasives
- Reverse helps with accomplishing symmetrical grinding and carving techniques
- Reverse makes it easier to back out stuck drill bits
- Alternating motor direction makes it easier and faster to polish metals
A 1/6hp ball bearing hang-up style M.SR comes equipped with a motor bale for hanging and the standard 39" long key tip inner shaft and outer sheath for connecting to any of Foredom's interchangeable, quick disconnect handpieces. Offering all of the power and speed needed to accomplish most every job, Foredom motors are rated honestly through rigorous design and testing at continuous duty or maximum efficiency and NOT maximum output to ensure there are no surprises or disappointment when using their tools professionally. The non-continuous max-output rating used by other manufacturers would qualify the M.SR motor as 1/5 or 1/4hp. Series-SR motors come in 115 Volt and 230 Volt for use where 115V is not available, and are backed by a two-year manufacturer's warranty on the motor and control.
Select Your Speed Control
- C.FCT-1 Foot-pedal speed control is the most popular option and features solid state circuitry in a heavy duty plastic housing with an extra wide footprint, low profile, and non-skid pads on the bottom. It provides smooth control throughout the entire speed range. CSA listed. 7-1/4" long, 4-1/2" wide, 2-1/2" high.
- C.SCT-1 Foot-pedal speed control offers the same electronics and smooth control as the C.FCT-1 but in a much heavier, cast iron housing which eliminates any unexpected movement of the control along the floor. The bottom surface of the speed control is covered with non-skid material. CSA listed and measures 7" long, 5" wide, 2-1/2" high.
- C.EM-1 Speed Control solid state control in a plastic housing that can be positioned anywhere on a work surface. The hand dial is used to adjust and set speed. This manual style control allows you to maintain and return to a desired speed, time and again, by using the motor on/off switch rather than the speed control to power up the unit. The C.EM-1 also has a replaceable fuse that protects the electronics during power surges and work overloads. Measures 5" long, 5-7/8" wide, 2-3/4" high.
Select Your Handpiece
- H.30 Handpiece is a chuck-style handpiece features a 3-jaw, geared chuck with a 0-5/32" capacity. Accessory changes are easy with this handpiece using the supplied HPCK-0 Chuck Key.
- H.20 Handpiece is a quick-change handpiece for use ONLY with 3/32" shank accessories and is popular among jewelers who work with that shank size and make frequent bur changes. Features a molded plastic front grip with tapered sides for easy and close handling. It has pre-lubricated ball bearings that never need lubrication.
- H.44T Handpiece is a collet style handpiece is popular in industry and among woodcarvers. Accommodating larger accessories with shank diameters up to 1/4", it includes 3/32", 1/8" and 1/4" collets. The tapered design allows for close and safe work.
- H.28 Handpiece is a slender, comfortable collet handpiece with tapered grip and pre-lubricated ball bearings that never need lubrication. Comes with 3/32" and 1/8" collets, and pin and chuck wrench for changing collets and accessories.
- H.8 Handpiece is a slim collet type handpiece with pre-lubricated ball bearings that never need lubrication. It has a chuck guard that slides back when changing burs and includes 3/32" and 1/8" collets and chuck wrenches for changing collets and accessories.
- H.8D Handpiece shares the same specs as the H.8 and includes a duplex spring for added flexibility. It is a slim collet type handpiece with pre-lubricated ball bearings that never need lubrication. It has a chuck guard that slides back when changing burs. Comes with 3/32" and 1/8" collets and chuck wrenches for changing collets and accessories. Duplex springs are subject to breakage and are NOT covered by warranty. They are made of special steel, double wound tubular construction with a protective flexible spring cover. Replacement springs (HP76) are available and can be installed by the user, Foredom recommends that only experienced users of flex shaft tools consider purchasing this duplex handpiece.