Foredom's Work Bench System is more than just a motor hanger. This quality constructed, modular system is a new and attractive way to organize and light your workspace for jewelers, carvers, lab technicians, and precision fabricators.
Organize your workbench with a system of bench-specific accessories that attach to support rods or a flex-shaft motor hanger. Attach a selection of accessory arms to the supports where you can store your tools, provide extra lighting, and keep your tools and equipment in reach when needed. The pivoting LED Light Bar, and 10 "Component Arms" swing horizontally 180º to keep accessories or compact tools within reach and stored out of the way when not needed. A Dual Handpiece Rest that attaches to the support rod is also available.
Component Arms are made of brushed stainless steel, anodized aluminum, and powder coated steel. Most of them are 12" long with uniform mounting brackets. Arms mount to specific motor hangar or support rods measuring .875" in diameter.
Base system components
Begin with selecting the foundation upon which your system will be built. The MAMH-13 Motor Hanger or support rods are the central components of the Foredom Work Bench System upon which all other accessories mount.
- The Double Motor Hanger model MAMH-13 has a 25-3/4" long x .875" diameter Upright Rod and Angled Extension Rod with two spring safety clips for holding one or two flex shaft motors. It comes with the MABC-3 Base Mounting Plate and wood screws for attaching to any bench top. The angled extension rod height can be adjusted so that motors hang between 33" to 38" above the work area as measured from the top of the motor, and 20" to 28" off to the right or left side of your work piece. These are the proper measurements for maintaining a relaxed curve to the flexible shaft.
- Two sizes of support rods can hold the arms of the Work Bench System with a mounting plate and wood screws if you already have a motor hanger, work with micromotors or other non-flex shaft tools, or just want and need a method to get organized without hanging motors overhead. Select from two .875" diameter rod lengths measuring 17-3/4" or 25-3/4". Attach the rods with a base mount which screws into benchtop for permanent mounting of the system, it includes screws.
Component Arm Options
Select from multiple options of support arms to build your customized workbench system. Note that these arms ONLY mount to the above Main Support Rods with or without optional motor hanger.
- The Light Bar shines a powerful 630 lumens of brilliant light from its LED light with shade to illuminate your work area with bright, true lighting. The lamp is hinged and turns on automatically when flipped down over your bench or work space and turns off when lifted back up. Power draw is 24 volts, 9 watts.
- The Bur Holder Arm gives you a two-tier holder for organizing carving burs, drill bits, and hand tools away from your workbench surface while keeping them quickly retrievable when you need to change burs. Measures 12"x2" (30x5x3cm) and offers 57 bur storage holes in the center tier for your collection of 3/32"-shank tool accessories, and another 19 holes in each of the lower side tiers for 1/8"-shank bits and burs.
- The Multi Handpiece Arm has pegs for storing up to six Foredom handpieces. Arm measures 12" x 2-1/4" x 1-1/4" (30cm x 5.8cm x 3cm).
- The Dual Handpiece Rest holds two flex shaft handpieces off the work surface when not in use. Made of polycarbonate and aluminum and measures 5-1/4"x3-1/4"x1-1/2" (13.3cm x 8.3cm x 3.8cm).
- The Jar Holder Arm holds 6 clear screw-top jars to hold your small findings, beads, and tool tips sorted and readily accessible away from your work surface in clear plastic jars that are see the contents of at a glance. Arm measures 12"x2" with each jar measuring 2-1/4"x1-1/2" diameter.
- The Magnetic Tool Holder Arm is a powerful two-sided magnetic tool holder covered on both sides by strips of soft black felt fabric that helps protect tools against scratching, nicks or other damage. Arm measures 12"x1-1/2 (30cm x 1.2cm x 3.7cm). This arm can magnetize tools.
- The Peg Arm provides 10 angled steel pegs, five on each side of the arm, threaded securely at an angle that is perfect for holding grinding wheels, discs, saw frames, handpieces, pliers, and other tools. Arm measures 12"x4", and each peg measures 1-1/2" long x 5/16" (3.7cm x 0.8cm) diameter. The top surface of the arm is covered by a strip of soft black felt fabric that helps protect valuable tools against scratching, nicks or other damage.
- Three sizes of Shelf Arms expand your workspace, providing additional work and holding space close at hand and swinging out of the way when not needed with a 180-degree range of motion. The small shelf measuring 4.7" x 6.1" can hold your delicate micromotor, filter hood, or wax carver. The medium shelf measures 10.2" x 8.7" (260mm x 220mm) and can support larger tools best kept at a distance from your immediate workspace, and the large shelf measures 9.3" x 13.2" (235mm x 335mm) and can keep your tablet or laptop safe and viewable while your work.
- The Tray Arm is a handy tray that holds many of the tools you need close at hand as you work with multiple partitions inside the tray to organize your tools. Arm measures 12"x1-1/4" (30cm x 5.8cm x 3cm).