TX Flex Shaft Sets
Foredom TX Flex Shaft Tool Sets are the ultimate in heavy-duty high-torque flexible-shaft machine systems for jewelry making or gemstone carving, based around the highest-power Foredom motor teamed with your preferred speed control and handpiece.
The mightiest of Foredom's motors, no other flex shaft gives you greater torque and control of the cutting tool, drill, or carving bur under any load during stone carving and jewelry work using sintered diamond carving burs and bits for stone work, tungsten carbide bur sets to shape and refine your jewelry, or other rotary burs, bits, and brushes. Hang-Up style motors require the motor be secured above your work bench, Foredom-specific motor hangers or Work Bench Systems are available separately. TX motor systems are also available in pre-packaged Jeweler's Kits
The M.TX series motor is Foredom's most powerful flex shaft machine, boasting a staggering 1/3hp permanent-magnet DC motor featuring the latest in flex shaft technology. These ball-bearing motors utilize advanced rare earth magnets in place of the wound fields in the universal-type Series SR motors that deliver more torque at the low end and throughout the entire speed range of 500 to 15,000 RPM. Your motor is equipped with a motor bale for hanging and standard 39" long key tip inner shaft and outer sheath for connecting to any of Foredom's key-tip compatible handpieces. M.TX motors are available ONLY in 115 Volt. Motors and speed controls are backed by a 2-year manufacturer warranty.
Square-drive systems are optionally available for unusually large or difficult jobs such as heavy-duty deburring, buffing, grinding, polishing, and metal finishing of any kind is done with larger rotary accessories. They are great for large scale woodcarving and sculpting applications with carbide or steel burs and larger mounted grinding stones. Foredom motors equipped with square drive shafts and thicker protective sheaths have a letter 'H' added to the model name (SRH, TXH, etc.). The motor is identical but square drive shafting is thicker, less flexible, usually 63" long, and can ONLY connect to 4-Square Drive handpieces. Few applications require square drive shafting with a torsional breaking point of 50 in.-lb. compared with 24 in.-lb. for key tip shafting.
Flexible shaft grease is included for routine maintenance of your investment.
Select Your Speed Control
M.TX motors require the use of a TXR-1, SXR-1, or EMX-1 speed control which have the same housing as other Foredom speed controls but convert AC current from an electrical outlet to DC current required by Series LX motors. These controls have a different style plug that is made to fit the motor's shielded-type plug, and damage will result if the motor is connected to any other speed control.
- C.TXR-1 speed control is a foot-operated variable speed control made of heavy duty plastic with durable electronics allowing precise and reliable speed control with your foot. The ergonomics allow precise and reliable speed control with your foot. For use with 115 Volt M.TX, M.TXB, M.TXH, M.LX, M.LXB, M.LXH and M.LXBH motors. Measures 7" long, 4-12" wide, 2-38" high.
- C.SXR-1 foot pedal speed control has the same durable electronics as the C.TXR-1 housed within a heavy, durable metal enclosure. Measures 6-3/4" long, 4" wide, 2-3/8" high.
- C.EMX-1 tabletop speed control is a variable speed control in a plastic housing that can be positioned anywhere on a work surface, featuring a hand dial used to precisely adjust and set speed. This manual style control allows you to maintain and return to a desired speed, time and again by marking the setting on the dial. The C.EMX-1 also has a replaceable fuse that protects the electronics during power surges and work overloads. 5" long, 5-34" wide, 2-58" high.
Select Your Handpiece
- H.30 Handpiece is a chuck-style handpiece features a 3-jaw, geared chuck with a 0-5/32" capacity. Accessory changes are easy with this handpiece using the supplied HPCK-0 Chuck Key.
- H.44T Handpiece is a collet style handpiece is popular in industry and among woodcarvers. Accommodating larger accessories with shank diameters up to 1/4", it includes 3/32", 1/8" and 1/4" collets. The tapered design allows for close and safe work.