Small Tungsten Carbide Burs
These small-sized tungsten carbide jeweler's burs have smaller diameter heads for precise detail work and refining on your custom jewelry projects.
These carbide burs are suitable for fine jewelry work, and making small details in metalworking, woodworking, and wax carving. Use these smaller diameter jewelry carbide burs in your Foredom flex-shaft handpieces or Dremel fitting a 2.35mm shank. The carbide steel resists heat and friction buildup. Suitable for all jewelry projects, they are available in multiple shapes and sizes. To get the most the life out of your burs, apply a jeweler's lubricant such as Cut Lube Jeweler's Lubricant.
These small-head tungsten carbide burs come in multiple shapes and sizes to customize your cuts to your jewelry work needs:
- Cylinder burs have straight sides that make grinding, filing and enlarging openings easier. Small sizes can get inside small areas when trimming the inside of rings
- Flat Head cones are perfect for grinding, filing, and enlarging holes.
- Round ball shapes can create settings, and perform shaping and texturing
- Inverted cone burs can refine bezel shoulders and undercut channels and inlay settings.
There are two types of cut to choose from:
- Single/Plain Cut leaves a smooth cutting pattern, reducing rework needed to achieve a final finish on metals and a smoother finish on wax.
- Double/Cross Cut has more rapid material removal for initial shaping. Perfect for rapid removal and rough shaping of wax.
These burs are also available in a tungsten carbide bur set to quickly outfit your jewelry rotary tools, allowing you to jump-start your selection and add individual burs as needed later. Larger-sized tungsten carbide cutting burs are also available for work in wax and longer life than these small-head detail burs.