SUVA Shards Sintered Diamond Burs - Trees
SUVA's sintered diamond burs provide reliable cutting action and outlast standard plated lapidary burs by 5-10 times.
Use for shaping and carving lapidary minerals and gemstones, glass, opals, porcelain, metals, or other hard materials with your Foredom or Dremel rotary tool. Be sure to maintain and re-shape your valuable sintered burs with the companion Diamond Re-Shaping Block. Inland-brand sintered burs are also available in additional grits and sizes.
All burs are constructed with a shaped diamond head mounted to a 44.5mm HP 3/32"/2.35mm shank fitting standard Dremel, Foredom, or other electric rotary micro motor. Use at 8000rpm. Sizes are stated in approximate sintered head width, widest point x head height. All burs are individual, with the option of bur kits containing packs of the most popular burs to jump-start your workbench selection.
Burs are color-coded for easy grit identification:
- Super-coarse (black, 70/80 mesh ISO 544) good for texturing on all kinds of stones and metals. Please note these super-coarse burs are VERY aggressive for bulk removal and rapid pre-forming and are not suitable for detail work.
- Coarse (green, 100 mesh ISO 534) used for aggressive cutting on quartz materials, porcelain, and alloys.
- Medium (blue, 170 mesh ISO 524) used for multi-purpose cutting of metals, stones, porcelain and enameling.
- Fine (red, 325 mesh ISO 514) used for smooth aggressive final shaping, pre-polishing, and metals trimming.
- Extra-fine (yellow, 600 mesh ISO 504) used for fine finish grinding as pre-polish
- Please note these colors differ from Inland brand burs
|Shape||SUVA Brand||Inland Brand|
|Kit||Shard Kits||Not available|
|Cones||Cone Shards||Inland Cones|
|Cylinders||Cylinder Shards||Inland Cylinders|
|Drums||Drum Shards||Inland Drums|
|Flames||Flame Shards||Inland Flames|
|Pearls||Pearl Shards||Inland Pearls|
|Rounds||Round Shards||Inland Rounds|
|Trees||Tree Shards||Inland Trees|