SUVA Shards Sintered Diamond Burs - Round Ball
SUVA's sintered diamond burs provide reliable cutting action and outlast standard plated lapidary burs by 5-10 times.
Use for shaping and carving lapidary minerals and gemstones, glass, opals, porcelain, metals, or other hard materials with your Foredom or Dremel rotary tool. Be sure to maintain and re-shape your valuable sintered burs with the companion Diamond Re-Shaping Block. Inland-brand sintered burs are also available in additional grits and sizes. You can extend the life of your diamond burs with the optional use of 412 Slick Lube diamond tool lubricant.
Follow up by sanding with Diamond Pacific Nova Sanding Points, and finish by polishing with Diamond Pacific Phenol points or SUVA's exclusive hardwood polishing burs charged with Mt. Mist Super Polish or standard diamond paste, or felt burs loaded with your favorite lapidary polish.
All burs are constructed with a shaped diamond head mounted to a 44.5mm HP 3/32"/2.35mm shank fitting standard Dremel, Foredom, or other electric rotary micro motor. Use at 8000rpm. Sizes are stated in approximate sintered head width, widest point x head height. All burs are individual, with the option of bur kits containing packs of the most popular burs to jump-start your workbench selection.
Burs are color-coded for easy grit identification:
- Super-coarse (black, 70/80 mesh ISO 544) good for texturing on all kinds of stones and metals. Please note these super-coarse burs are VERY aggressive for bulk removal and rapid pre-forming and are not suitable for detail work.
- Coarse (green, 100 mesh ISO 534) used for aggressive cutting on quartz materials, porcelain, and alloys.
- Medium (blue, 170 mesh ISO 524) used for multi-purpose cutting of metals, stones, porcelain and enameling.
- Fine (red, 325 mesh ISO 514) used for smooth aggressive final shaping, pre-polishing, and metals trimming.
- Extra-fine (yellow, 600 mesh ISO 504) used for fine finish grinding as pre-polish
- Please note these colors differ from Inland brand burs
|Shape||SUVA Brand||Inland Brand|
|Kit||Shard Kits||Not available|
|Cones||Cone Shards||Inland Cones|
|Cylinders||Cylinder Shards||Inland Cylinders|
|Drums||Drum Shards||Inland Drums|
|Flames||Flame Shards||Inland Flames|
|Pearls||Pearl Shards||Inland Pearls|
|Round Ball||Round Shards||Inland Rounds|
|X-Mas Trees||Tree Shards||Inland Trees|
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- Opens in a new window.
- Opens external website in a new window.