Silicon Carbide 220 Coarse Grit
These silicon carbide abrasives have sharp, hard grains for fast cutting. Smash those corners and points in the tumbler, wipe out saw marks on the lap, get those stones ready for some polish slurry. Use in tumblers, flat laps, sphere machines or wherever coarse and fine grinding grits are needed.
The standard grit sequence can be varied depending on material and need. Standard sequence for rotary tumblers is 60/90, 220 and 600 silicon carbide, followed by a polish. For best results, use an aluminum oxide pre-polish 800 grit before the final polish. Use this same silicon carbide sequence including the aluminum oxide pre-polish in vibratory tumblers. When lapping, add the 400 and 1000 grits to the standard sequence.
Available in various size and grit packagings:
- 60/90 coarse ungraded grit available in 10# and 50# bulk packages
- 220 coarse graded grit available in 5#, 10#, and 50# bulk packages
- 400 fine graded grit available in 5#, 10#, and 50# bulk packages
- 600 pre-polish graded grit available in 4#, 8#, and 40# bulk packages
- 1000 pre-polish graded grit available in 4#, 8#, and 40# bulk packages
- Follow up with our various polish powder options
Silicon carbide abrasives ship straight to your door packaged in sturdy containers for convenient storage and use, preventing leakage and contamination. Do your best not to breathe it in, your lungs will thank you in the long run.
*Special order, ships directly from our supplier in California after processing. Please allow additional time for delivery and we may not receive shipping tracking numbers.