SUVA Shards Diamond Bur Kits
SUVA's diamond burs provide reliable cutting action for shaping and carving lapidary minerals and gemstones, glass, opals, porcelain, metals, or other hard materials with your Foredom or Dremel rotary tool.
Kits are available in electroplated and sintered construction. Sintered burs outlast standard electroplated lapidary burs by 5-10 times. When using valuable sintered burs, be sure to maintain and re-shape the cutting heads with a Diamond Re-Shaping Block. You can further extend the life of your diamond burs with the optional use of 412 Slick Lube diamond tool lubricant.
All burs are constructed with a shaped diamond head mounted to a 44.5mm HP 3/32"/2.35mm shank fitting standard Dremel, Foredom, or other electric rotary micro motors. Use burs at 8000rpm max. Sizes are stated in approximate head width, widest point x head height.
Burs are color-coded for easy grit identification:
- Super-coarse (black, 70/80 mesh ISO 544) good for texturing on all kinds of stones and metals. Please note these super-coarse burs are VERY aggressive for bulk removal and rapid pre-forming and are not suitable for detail work.
- Coarse (green, 100 mesh ISO 534) used for aggressive cutting on quartz materials, porcelain, and alloys.
- Medium (blue, 170 mesh ISO 524) used for multi-purpose cutting of metals, stones, porcelain and enameling.
- Fine (red, 325 mesh ISO 514) used for smooth aggressive final shaping, pre-polishing, and metals trimming.
- Extra-fine (yellow, 600 mesh ISO 504) used for fine finish grinding as pre-polish
- Please note these colors differ from Inland brand burs
Available bur kits
Available in assorted electroplated or sintered packs, these kits containing the most popular burs can jump-start your workbench selection. Sintered burs will outlast the electroplated versions by 5-10 times.
- 10-pc electroplated or sintered coarse-trimming sets for rapid rough-shaping of your project.
- 10-pc electroplated or sintered standard jeweler's bur sets with general-purpose burs in a range of shapes and sizes for carving plastic, jewelry, stone, hardwood, and other materials.
- 20-pc Electroplated detail bur set with small, medium-grit burs designed to carve small holes, slim curves, or thin grinds.
- Most sintered burs are also available individually, see below for links to each shape.
|Shape||SUVA Brand||Inland Brand|
|Kit||Shard Kits||Not available|
|Cones||Cone Shards||Inland Cones|
|Cylinders||Cylinder Shards||Inland Cylinders|
|Drums||Drum Shards||Inland Drums|
|Flames||Flame Shards||Inland Flames|
|Pearls||Pearl Shards||Inland Pearls|
|Round Ball||Round Shards||Inland Rounds|
|X-Mas Trees||Tree Shards||Inland Trees|
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- Opens in a new window.
- Opens external website in a new window.