Vi-Bro-Lap 20" Vibratory Lap 20VL & Parts
The Diamond Pacific Vi-Bro-Lap Vibratory Laps produce flat surfaces on geode halves, agates, petrified wood, and other materials and specimens while relieving you of the frustration of a nagging labor-intensive process during your lapping process.
The Vi-Bro-Lap can accommodate a number of specimens at the same time. The tempered aluminum lap plate is grooved in a criss-cross pattern which continuously refines and circulates the abrasive grits as they are crushed to smaller and smaller sizes between the lap plate and the workpiece.
While the Vi-Bro-Lap plate oscillates, work-pieces rotate in the pan. This gives a faster grinding surface speed, distributes abrasives, ensures a flat polished surface, and equalizes wear on the lap plates. When the work piece is ground flat and satin smooth, use the felt polishing pad with a fine polishing compound to obtain a fine mirror-like finish on your workpiece.
- Lap plates are manufactured from heat treated aluminum alloy to produce a tough, wear-resistance lapping surface. Each surface has a milled V-grooves in a square pattern to allow grit to circulate.
- Suspension is controlled by aircraft strength cable, adjustable for fine leveling to keep your workpieces evenly distributed over the lap plate surface
- This 20" model 20VL measures 21" W x 21" D x 21" H
- The larger 27" model 27VL measures 28" W x 28" W x 30" H
- Frame is constructed from welded, fabricated steel for stability.
- Powered by a ⅓ HP motor. Felt polishing pad included. An export model is available powered by a 220V / 50 HZ for use outside the USA.
- Ships with frame, motor, two pans, felt polishing pad, and set of brackets.
- Crating fees are required on the machine (sorry - this thing is pretty big). Please include this option in your cart with the machine.
For general-purpose lapidary use, a seqence of 60/90 coarse, 220 coarse, 400 fine, 600 pre-polish, 1000 pre-polish, then a suitable polish slurry will produce a satisfactory shine on most lapidary materials. In general, a greater number of grit steps will lead to a better polish.
A donation of a portion of this item's proceeds will be made to an approved humane organization.
*CRATING FEE IS REQUIRED WHEN ORDERING MACHINE
*Special order, ships directly from our supplier in California after processing. Please allow additional time for delivery and we may not receive shipping tracking numbers. Depending on manufacturer stock levels and production cycles machine orders may take additional time to arrive, sometimes a minimum of 4-8 weeks.